HEI, Inc. is a manufacturer specializing in Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS), including Medical Device Manufacturing, Microelectronic Assembly, Turn Key Manufacturing, ATE Services, Ceramic, and Flex & Rigid Flex Substrate Manufacturing. We serve a wide variety of industries. We place a high value on performance excellence, career development, safety, rewards, and communication. HEI has rewarding opportunities where you can make a difference – we want to be your career choice!
HEI, Inc. has an opening at their Victoria, MN facility for a full-time Buyer (Senior) /Planner. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and will work closely with Planning, Engineering, Sales/Customers, Production Supervisors/Leads, Accounting, and Shipping/Receiving. This position will meet the Department's goals for cost reduction, quality improvement, on-time delivery, inventory management and lead-time reduction. He/she will have measureable contributions toward the corporation's operation. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, procurement, and inventory optimization to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials to meet demands.
· Effective procurement of materials and services from assigned suppliers in support of HEI's manufacturing facilities.
· Utilize best procurement practices, including managing the supplier, monitoring and improving supplier quality and supplier delivery and procuring items per HEI Good Manufacturing Practices(cGMP) or pre-production quality assurance plans.
· Understand, follow, and enforce HEI’s GMP and pre-production quality assurance on those products regulated by the FDA.
· Plan for the management of HEI inventory to optimize the use of HEI investment funds.
· Cost reductions are actively pursued as are efficiencies to the ordering process.
· Expediting of purchase orders, processing rejections, rescheduling and resolving delivery/accounting discrepancies are performed as required.
· Proficient at inputting data, obtaining information and performing system transactions.
· Strictly adhere to HEI buying procedures including required sign-offs.
· Persuasive and clear communication skills with suppliers.
· Concise communication when relating order status and information to HEI internal customers.
· Lead or participate in new and existing supplier qualification audits for the AVL.
· Perform material constraint studies and “what if” analysis of material needs to support customer quotations and future proposed manufacturing schedules.
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
· Organization and planning skills to prioritize, perform and improve purchasing-related duties.
· Effective problem-solving.
· Must possess good communication skills both written and verbal.
· Excellent computer skills using SAP ERP/MRP and Microsoft Office, esp. Excel and Word.
· Ability to convey the requirements of GMP to suppliers.
· Manufacturing and/or product knowledge within subcontract manufacturing is preferred.
· Understanding of supply chain concepts and processes is required.
· Must be able to read and follow instructions and prints as appropriate.
· Ability to interact positively with suppliers and HEI personnel.
· Ability to work independently to meet goals and objectives.
· Strong stress management skills due to the dynamic nature of the work environment.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably with a major in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field.
· Minimum 3 (6 Yrs for Senior) years purchasing experience.
· SAP 4.7 experience preferred.
· Experience with suppliers and components utilized in the electronics manufacturing industry.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequently required to sit at a computer and use a keyboard and computer mouse.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, talk, or hear.
· Occasionally lift or carry up to 10 pounds.
· Minimal noise level.
· Clean room manufacturing environment.
· ESD sensitive components and materials.
HEI, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.