ENEPIG Printed Circuit Boards
ENEPIG, or Electroless Nickel/Electroless Palladium/Immersion Gold, PCB surface finish is a capability of leading EMS provider, HEI, Inc. ENEPIG works well with conventional eutectic solder alloys and lead free solders, meeting lead free / ROHS requirements while addressing new packaging reliability needs.
Apart from the advantage of packaging reliability, the cost of ENEPIG has now become a positive consideration. The cost of palladium metal has remained relatively low in comparison to gold and ENEPIG can produce cost savings by reducing gold thickness through the use of palladium.
ENEPIG shows substantial advantages combining excellent shelf life, solder joint reliability, gold wire bondability and usage as a contact surface. ENEPIG can be used for all assembly processes.
ENEPIG key advantages:
- Can be surfaced on Flex, Rigid Flex and Rigid substrates
- Combines good solder joint and gold wire bonding reliability
- Excellent ROHS lead free and leaded solderability
- Lower process cost with reduced required gold thickness
- Good for aluminum wedge and gold ball bonding
- Leaves an oxide free nickel surface allowing a reliable tin nickel inter metallic
- High wire bond pull strengths
- Suitable for conductive adhesives
- Low contact resistance
- Corrosion resistant and pore-free
- Long shelf life
- Great joint strength during multiple reflow soldering
- "Black Nickel" free
- Reduced copper diffusion to surface,
- Enables reliable formation of Ni/Sn intermetallic
- Withstands multiple lead-free reflow soldering cycles
- Excellent gold wire bondability
- Uniform electrical resistance
HEI designs, manufactures and tests advanced electronic components for medical device industry, military and aerospace markets.
Medical Device Manufacturing Products
Medical Device Manufacturing Capabilities
High Density Interconnection Microvia
Contact HEI Inc. today.