HEI, Inc. is a manufacturer specializing in Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS), including Medical Device Manufacturing, Microelectronic Assembly, Turn Key Manufacturing, ATE Services, Ceramic, and Flex & Rigid Flex Substrate Manufacturing. We serve a wide variety of industries. We place a high value on performance excellence, career development, safety, rewards, and communication. HEI has rewarding opportunities where you can make a difference – we want to be your career choice!
HEI, Inc. Corporate office located in Victoria, MN is looking to hire a full-time Senior Accountant. This position will work closely with the accounting/finance, operations, supply chain, engineering and quality departments.
- • Annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for the Victoria plant as well as assistance to corporate.
- • Perform month-end close procedures including journal entry preparation, reconciliations and GL maintenance.
- • Provide accurate variance analysis of actual results to budgets, forecasts and/or prior years (i.e. Price-Volume-Mix, etc.).
- • Develop and maintain an activity based cost system that provides true profitability at the customer and product level.
- • Support the Sales and Engineering departments in the quoting process by providing accurate cost and margin information.
- • Work closely with Senior Production Management and Inventory Control personnel to maintain the accuracy of inventory reports and perform periodic reviews to identify potential excess/obsolete inventory.
- • Actively participate on cross-functional teams to resolve problems and/or create new and/or improved processes.
- • Implement process improvements and ensure related accounting treatment is appropriate.
- • Develop, implement and document appropriate control procedures in accordance with SOX.
- • Provide support during the external auditor’s quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- • Provide senior management with the financial information necessary to make sound policy decisions.
- • Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- • Experience working with SAP R/3 is strongly preferred.
- • Experience working with Hyperion Essbase data management software is strongly preferred.
- • Activity-based cost accounting experience in a contract manufacturing environment is preferred.
- • Knowledge of GAAP and ability to interpret and implement new GAAP guidance is required.
- • Minimum of five years of accounting experience is required.
- • Advanced MS Excel spreadsheet skills and database query knowledge as well as strong data analysis skills are required.
- • Must be proactive with the desire and ability to maintain a positive attitude and promote constant improvement throughout a fast paced, growth-oriented environment
- • Ability to work independently and as a team member is required.
- • A four-year college degree in Accounting is required.
- • Experience as an auditor in public accounting is preferred.
- • Advanced degree in Accounting and/or CPA is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently to stand/sit while filing or working at the computer preparing information.
- • Employee will be required to use a keyboard and computer mouse.
- • The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 30 pounds.
- • The employee must be able to do simple and firm grasping with left and right hands.
HEI, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.